About Kit Anderson, CPO-CD
In addition to being an experienced, Certified Professional Organizer in Chronic Disorganization and founder/owner of Anderson Organizing Systems (AOS), Kit Anderson is a published author, an accomplished public speaker, and an instructor for seven colleges in four states. An internationally recognized authority, she has been quoted in the Wall St. Journal and interviewed by journalists in the UK, Canada and Australia.
She is also a former elected official, a chronic volunteer, a wife of more than 50 years, the mother of two grown children, a degreed zoologist and a former research scientist.
Kit works with her clients in simple, easy-to-do steps and provides generous support. She understands that there could be lots of good reasons that you’re not as organized as you’d like to be. Kit offers her clients a nonjudgmental attitude, practical solutions to the problems they face and a warm sense of humor.
Kit is the author of the book, The Faster I Work the Behinder I Get: Organizing Wisdom for Survival in a Frenzied World and the booklet, Double Strength Organizing: 101 Tips for Both Office and Home. She has also written professional papers and columns, and she coauthored File Anything in Your Home. . . And Find It Again!
More information about Kit’s New Book
Introducing me, in Japanese!
Kit has given presentations on topics from time and paper management to helping hoarders and the benefits of volunteering. She has taught her colleagues in the National Association of Professional Organizers and the Institute for Challenging Disorganization, and in
Australia, Canada, The Netherlands and Japan. She has given workshops for many businesses, nonprofits, trade groups and service organizations.
Kit has taught a wide range of organizing subjects at colleges and universities from Colorado to California and from New Mexico to Michigan. She also spent several decades as a Water Safety Instructor and Instructor Trainer for the American Red Cross.
Kit has a lifetime of experience in getting results for the people with whom she works. As a community volunteer, she has…
- Led the PTA of her kids’ elementary school to increase membership, provide a record number of volunteer hours, and raise record sums of money.
- Headed a Girl Scout troop, achieving participation by parents of every girl in the troop to expand the depth and breadth of troop activities.
- Created, implemented, and supervised a learn-to-swim program for kids that improved teaching quality and increased parent satisfaction.
- Organized a junior high school parent advisory committee which identified problems, then proposed solutions and worked with the administration to implement them.
- Chaired a League of Women Voters committee which studied varying approaches to intermediate education and presented the study results to the community.
- Campaigned for and was elected to a seat on a Pennsylvania school board, where she directed the passing of a $49 million budget and designed and initiated academic improvement systems focusing on achievement by faculty as well as students.
- Organized and computerized the mailing list for a neighborhood association, saving the association 80% of its filing costs and a substantial part of its mailing costs.
- Turned a deficit into a surplus for a string quartet as president of the quartet’s supporting association.
- Provided pro bono organizing consulting to the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance of Albuquerque.
- Analyzed a portion of a fund-raising effort and proposed organizing techniques to increase revenue for a Rotary Club.
Affiliations and Education and Training
Kit furthers her education at a conference in The Netherlands.
Kit’s professional affiliations:
- Kit was accepted into the National Association of Professional Organizers in 1992, and they chose her to help develop the first test for certification of Professional Organizers.
- Institute for Challenging Disorganization, which has certified her for chronically disorganized clients, and for whom she has served on the Board of Directors as Research Director and as President.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Zoology and graduate work in Physiology and Biochemistry.
- Certified Professional Organizer specializing in Chronic Disorganization (CPO-CD).
- Master Trainer in Chronic Disorganization.
- Chronic Disorganization Specialist.
- ADD Specialist.
- Aging Specialist.
- Hoarding Specialist.
- Certificates of Study in Learning Styles and Modalities, Basic Mental Health Issues, and Basic Physical Conditions.
- More than fifty hours of continuing education every year.
Zoologist, Wife, Mother, Dog Mom
Kit holds a degree in Zoology from Douglass College at Rutgers University and once worked as a research scientist. She lives in Albuquerque, NM with her husband, Larry, and the dog who adopted them. Kit and Larry have two grown children, two grandchildren and three grand-dogs.
contents © 2018 Anderson Organizing Systems
copy written by Sue Anderson © 2018 Sue Anderson